Stanford MBA Interviews
Stanford GSB interviews roughly 1,000 applicants every year. The interview focuses on past actions rather than on hypothetical situations. The primary questions revolve around attitudes, behaviors, and skills that have been key to vital to high-impact leadership post-MBA. The interview reflects on your personal and professional experiences, and how best to lead people and manage situations. Stanford interviews take place all over the world, typically near where you live or work. The MBA Admissions team considers your interview in context with your entire application and continues to evaluate your candidacy. The interviews can last anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour! Generally, Stanford MBA interview questions are meant to probe into how good a fit an applicant would be with the innovative community at Stanford, and whether the applicant would really be able to leverage the Stanford experience well enough. Applicants are strongly advised to know the school and its resources inside out. They are also expected to be able to talk about their career goals and how Stanford specifically fits with them, in great detail. While most interviews are conducted by alumni, expect all alumni interviews to probe along these dimensions, though in a casual, relaxed, and friendly manner.
Stanford MBA commonly asked interview Questions
- Tell me a little bit about yourself and your product?
- How did you convince Reliance to invest in you?
- Describe what happened in the board room meeting during your pitch?
- Why an MBA?
- Why Stanford?
- Tell me about a time when you felt blocked from achieving a goal and how you reacted.
- Tell me about a time when you led or were on a team with difficult people.
- Tell me about a time you saw an opportunity or a problem that no one else saw.
- Do you have any questions for me?
GyanOne provides comprehensive help on interview preparation for all top MBA programs. Our proprietary interview support methodology, IntOne™, helps you to prepare yourself for the interview in a disciplined and professional manner. For more info on the service, visit GyanOne Premium Interview Preparation Service
Want to check out more on MBA Interviews?