Masters Union PGP program in Technology and Business is a 16-month intensive program. You can read extensively about the program and its offerings here.
A large investment in resources, time, and effort have led to a program that promises to ignite the minds of the candidates in the direction they seek. This program is new and prospective students will wonder if it has any likeness to the PGP program offered by ISB.
Though it may seem like the Masters Union PGP program is based on ISB’s model, it differs on a few essential factors. Let us look at the most important of these.
Here’s a quick look at the key differences:
|GMAT/GRE Scores- the average GMAT score is 710 and it ranges between 600-770
|GMAT/GRE scores- Waivers may be given in certain circumstances*
|Number of Students
|896 (693- Hyderabad, 293- Mohali)
|24 months is recommended. However, the average work experience is around 4.2. Early Entry Option (EEO) is available for those with less experience.
|3-4 years of undergraduate study is required. However, under special circumstances, students fresh out of undergraduate college may also apply.
|Engineers-68% and Non-Engineers-32%
|Engineers-17%, Business-22%, Non-Engineers- 61%
*Waivers are provided at the discretion of the admission committee. Average GMAT/GRE scores are not available as the program is upcoming.
To be considered for the PGP- 1 Year program, you must have
- A valid GMAT/GRE score
- Valid work experience- ISB requires you to display at least 24 months of work experience. However, you can opt for the early entry option if you do not have enough work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Scores (This is needed only if the language of instruction at the undergraduate level is not English).
Send in the application form along with details of awards, scholarships, and other academic achievements. This year ISB has included 2 compulsory essays in the application form. For the class of 2020 the questions were as follows:
Essay 1: There will be 900 students in the class of 2021. Why should you be one of them? (400 words max)
Essay 2: What will you be doing in 2025 and 2030? How will the ISB PGP program help you to achieve these goals? (400 words max)
Finally, one recommendation letter from your immediate, current supervisor must be attached. All short-listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview.
As against a one-year program at ISB, the program here is completed over 16 months. The eligibility criteria for admission to the program in this school is like ISB. The only exception is work experience. You must display a minimum of 4-5 work experience (waiver on a case-to-case basis). An online application form must be submitted with relevant information.
- Resume (latest)
- At least 2 Recommendation Letters
- 2 (300-500 word) essays to the below questions-
- If you had $100 Million to acquire a company, which one would you acquire, and why?
- Tell us about one experience or incident that fundamentally changed your life. You can also choose to submit the essays in the form of videos (2-minute-long each).
- Any other information that you may like to share with the Admissions Committee.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a panel interview along with an extensive case study analysis.
The learning model
The coursework and pedagogy at ISB are based on five learning objectives
- Interpersonal Awareness and Working in Teams
- Critical and Integrative thinking
- Global issues affecting businesses
- Effective Oral Communication
- Ethical responsibility
As part of classroom learning, the program helps you to arrive at your specialization through numerous courses. The industry specializations that the program offers are
- Public Policy and
- An important aspect of the PGP program here at ISB is the experiential learning Program- ELP. As part of the Practicum course, ELP is a live consulting engagement that the student undertakes with a company. The objective is obviously to provide hands-on experience, as students work directly with companies. As students present a consulting proposal, many companies use this program as a pre-recruitment exercise. The ELP are team projects that are spread over five months. A faculty advisor and industry experts guide the project.
- The International Exchange features inbound and outbound exchange programs that allow students to experience business and management in other countries.
- LEAD or Leadership Development program is a three-day program that focusses on sharpening the skills students need to become effective leaders.
The Learning Model
The learning objective is basically to provide an industry-immersive experience through experienced industry leaders and practitioners.
The PGP offers specializations in the areas of
- Management & Strategy
- Finance & Fintech
- Marketing Branding & Design
- Computing, Business Analytics & Statistics.
The students can pick two industry concentrations from five options-
- Banking, PE, and VC
- Digital E-Commerce
- Advanced-Data Analytics
- Technology, Product, and Project Management
- The students can supplement the course and curriculum by signing up for consulting projects. Such projects will work as credits towards courses. These projects are sponsored by renowned companies in the industry. Consider the project undertaken for Frito-Lay here.
- There is hardly any business that does not have to deal with technology. Blockchain and Cryptocurrency; Cybersecurity; SAAS; E-Commerce Implementations, and Artificial Intelligence are part of the Bootcamp-style courses offered to students.
- Every Quarter, students are offered an opportunity to visit prominent business sites at various locales in the country.
- The school houses research centers that explore the possibility of creating new business opportunities and models. For instance, the Lab for Genetics and Bio-Tech Businesses invests in emerging technology that can help create fundamentally new products and business lines.
- The school features a world-class Incubator that is designed to facilitate and encourage new ideas and innovations. With initiatives and resources to take a project from ideation to fund-raising, it is a key resource for those looking to start a venture on their own.
Costs you will incur
The PGP program at the Masters Union College of Business will cost you 17,00,000. This includes the admission fee, life-long Union membership fee, and Tuition Fee. Accommodation is not included (unlike ISB) but the college recommends hostels near-by that can serve your purpose. There are several scholarships that prospective students can avail as they apply to the program. You can find the details here.
ISB’s PGP program will set you back by about ₹ 36 lakh (Approx.). This includes accommodation fees, tuition fees, and a deposit towards the alumni association membership (among others). Several scholarships and loans can also be availed to reduce the burden. You can find the link to those here.
Return on Investment and Career prospects are important factors for prospective students. It will be a while before such information will be available for the Masters’ Union program. However, the program promises great value thanks to the industry-immersive and hands-on learning experience they offer.
If you are looking for more information or help on cracking Masters Union Admit, write in to us info [at the rate] gyanone [dot] com, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.