IIM Bangalore EPGP Statement of Purpose
The IIM Bangalore EPGP SoP is a part of the admissions process to one-year the Executive Post Graduate Program (EPGP) at IIM Bangalore. The EPGP is a highly prestigious one-year program, as can be seen from the admission statistics (mentioned below) as well as the small batch size that IIMB caters to. The program is IIMB’s response to similar programs launched by other IIMs (for example, the PGPX at IIM Ahmedabad and the PGPEX at IIM Calcutta) as well as the ISB PGP. In a short duration of time since its launch six years ago, the IIMB EPGP has made a strong name for itself, and is a much sought-after program among mid-career professionals. This page provides some tips and advice on the IIM Bangalore EPGP Statement of Purpose, and some information on other aspects of the program.
IIM Bangalore EPGP Statement of Purpose tips and advice
- Contrary to other similar programs, the IIMB EPGP has only one Statement of Purpose (SOP), and it is capped at an upper limit of 600 words. It is your opportunity to explain why you wish to pursue the EPGP and and how it will help you to attain your career goals. A description of your background and why you wish to pursue an MBA is important too.
- Dig deep and identify the real reason why you are ready to spend more than 20 lakh Rupees to pursue this program. What do you want to achieve? Why is it better than where you are now? How can the EPGP help?
- The SOP also needs to talk about your key achievements and differentiate you from other applicants (professionally – never bring in personal aspects into the SOP). What are your key achievements and how do they make you a good candidate?
- Finally, a critical point – ensure that your SOP is well written. Content matters, but so does style. A poorly written SOP which is mundane, difficult to read, or riddled with grammatical or spelling errors will take away substantially from your candidature. Write and rewrite multiple times if you must. The final product must be something that not just you, but the IIMB EPGP Admissions Committee can appreciate too.
- With a class size of just 58, the program is bound to be very selective. The SOP can help to not just explain your reasons for the choices you make and your future plans, but also act as an important differentiator, showing the admissions committee that you are ready for the next step in your career.
Want Specialized Guidance on your IIMB SoP?
UP YOUR GAMEPLAN
From understanding the IIM Bangalore EPGP in-depth, to vast expertise across multiple past successful applicants, GyanOne has deep expertise on helping applicants make it to the IIMB EPGP program. See some of our reviews here. We provide outstanding admissions consulting for the IIMB EPGP. Contact us today to know how we can help you too!
IIMB EPGP Eligibility Criteria
IIM Bangalore states the EPGP eligibility criteria to be as follows: – Graduate in any discipline (even three year degrees will do) with a minimum of 50% marks – At least 5 years of full-time post-qualification professional experience (as on March 31 of the year that the program begins. For example, 5 years as on March 31, 2019 for the class graduating in 2020) – A valid GMAT score
IIMB EPGP Class Profile
The profile of the latest IIMB EPGP (2018) class is as follows:
|Average age of IIMB EPGP students||30 years|
|Median GMAT score of IIMB EPGP students||709|
|IIMB EPGP Class Size (Class of 2015)||73 students|
|Average work experience of IIMB EPGP students||6.9 years (83 months)|
It is important to note that around 28% of the class comes from the IT sector (IT Services or IT Products), and around 30% of students have international experience (Class of 2018).
IIMB EPGP average salaries and placements
The average salary offered to IIMB EPGP graduates is around INR 22.6 lakhs (INR 2.26 million). Close to 85% of graduates choose jobs in the IT sector (though the firms recruiting are not just from IT but from multiple industries), which may be a function of preferences of people wanting to continue in the same industry post-MBA after ~7-8 years of experience already in it.
GyanOne IIM BANGALORE Achievers
Do Better Than Your Best
A lot of crucial things in life depend on your career and this is one big step to build it right. We look forward to make it a reality!
You are different and so is your story. Lets create awesomeness together
Have a concern around the process or a specific request? We are all ears.
We are excited to get started too. Let us get back with all your questions.
Let's Get Started
Thank you GMATClub for the "Senior Vice President" Title. With more than 1800 posts, our experts have been religiously helping you with your queries on careers and MBA admissions. Thank you for your support. We now have close to 900 Kudos by you guys!
With more than 4 LAKH views and over 500 upvotes on Quora, you know we are being loved. Gain from detailed responses on Careers, MBA Admissions, Life post MBA, Opportunities Abroad, Must Dos and more, Or send us a quick mail with your specific questions, we are always waiting!