GMAT is becoming increasingly famous in India. Over a hundred colleges in India accept GMAT scores on top of the international B-schools. IIMs, ISB, XLRI, SPJIMR, and other Management Colleges in India accept the GMAT. As an Indian MBA applicant, your GMAT score can be used to apply to MBA programs both in India and abroad:
- Almost all one-year MBA colleges in India accept GMAT scores for admission, including ISB, IIMs, XLRI, SPJIMR, and Great Lakes. The GMAT is the widely used test for acceptance to one-year MBA degree programs in India.
- In India, 100+ B-schools/universities offer two-year flagship MBA programs, including SPJIMR, IMI, IMT, XUB, and TAPMI. More than 100 MBA colleges in India offer MBA admission to the flagship two-year MBA/PGDM program with GMAT exam scores. These top two-year MBA colleges that accept GMAT scores have test cutoffs ranging from 650 to 750 or 80 to 95 percentile.
Let’s discuss some of the top MBA Colleges in India that support the GMAT entrance exam:
The CAT Exam is India’s most popular MBA entrance exam, but career options among GMAT Accepting management schools are not to be overlooked. Some of India’s best colleges accept the GMAT score for one or more courses. GMAT colleges typically seek candidates with extensive work experience, seeking to make their targeted applicants more representable than the typical CAT candidate. Not just the quality of university that accepts the GMAT score, India has a substantial proportion of GMAT accepting colleges, with 43 colleges acknowledging the GMAT Score. As a result, the GMAT Exam has become increasingly popular among Indian candidates.
Post-Graduate Program in Management, ISB
ISB is regarded as one of the best management schools in the world, providing young executives with interdisciplinary aspects of the business field, how to manage an enterprise and global exposure. The program is designed to improve entrepreneurial skills with snipping data analysis and a highly praised curriculum taught by one of the best faculties available. Advantages of studying at the Indian School of Business-
- Global Collaboration: Wharton and Kellogg are ISB’s founding associate schools. ISB has partnered with LBS and MIT Sloan to focus on research. And it has also collaborated with Fletcher’s School at Tuft’s University.
- Outstanding Faculty: Scholars from across the globe and India teach at ISB.
- International Exposure: ISB has collaborated with over 50 International institutes and colleges that provide students with diverse future opportunities.
- Triple Crown Accreditation: ISB is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- Research Environment: ISB focuses its curriculum to being based around managing environment-related issues and solving problems through the management field.
- World-Class Campus: ISB has two state-of-the-art campuses in Hyderabad and Mohali.
- India Advantage: It is one of the few institutions focusing on improving emerging economies.
- Alumni Network: ISB has a strong 125000+ network of alumni where the members are spread across 60+ countries in various companies and designations.
- Career Services: A committed professional advancement week is included in the curriculum to ensure that students are industry-ready.
Post-Graduate Program in Management, IIM – Ahmedabad
IIMA’s PGP is a competitive 2-year program regarded as the world’s most challenging MBA program to enter. Its primary purpose is to create the young generation into qualified professional executives capable of functioning in any sector of organised activity, assuming leadership roles, and achieving outstanding results while devoting themselves to the greater good of the community.
The program aims to do the following:
- Provide students with the necessary metaphysical and interpersonal skills and a sense of social objective to make managerial decisions.
- Build managerial skills so they can be transformational leaders and motivators in the institutions where they work.
- Encourage the desire to perform high while maintaining integrity, candour, and impartiality.
Master’s in Business Administration, IIM – Bangalore
The Post Graduate Program in Management (PGP) is a master’s course that leads to a Master of Business Administration degree (MBA). The full-time, two-year degree program enables students for leadership roles in a progressively flexible and intricate global environment. It is divided into six trimesters over two years, with a summer project.
The content and design of the course are based on management practice and are supported by a detailed founding principle with a focus on new and future management issues. The program provides students with a base for critical and creative reasoning and an understanding of business complexities. It is based on the idea that corporate executives are not mass-produced but carefully cultivated and developed.
Master’s in Business Administration, IIM – Calcutta
This two-year full-time residential program looks at the field of management as an embedded system that aims for students to have a global perspective and react appropriately to economic, technological, cultural, and political changes. This degree has a two-tier structure, with a core curriculum- a summer apprenticeship (compulsory industry training between the first and second years) and elective courses.
The first year is dedicated to developing business-related basic concepts through required courses in economics, finance, marketing, operations, systems, and organisational behaviour. The second year offers more specialisations than any other management institution in India, allowing students to pursue their passions without sacrificing their academic goals. Students who want to learn more about a subject can write research papers under academic staff and professors’ supervision.
PGPM, SP Jain
SP Jain’s PGPM is a full-time management program that lasts one year (with 3 months of prior online classes). It’s intended to be a career accelerator for candidates with at least 5 years of professional experience and potent technical knowledge who want to advance to increasingly broad roles at the management level. Participants seeking an Executive MBA will benefit from this program.
Intense Academic Rigour- In the first phase, PGPM students are given a strong foundation in management fundamentals, accompanied by an in-depth study into their selected area of specialisation in the second stage. Specialisations in Business Analytics, Finance, General Management, Information Management, Marketing, and Operations & Supply Chain are available to participants.
Key Differentiators: the one-year MBA program has the same level of thoroughness, electives, and classification as the two-year MBA program. The varied and complex work immersion of the participants and the resulting peer learning improve traditional classroom studying and takeaways in PGPM.
- Academic staff with deep experience in the field of management and business.
- Three-week global interaction program at top-ranked business schools around the world.
- Simulations, live projects, and cases are used extensively in action-oriented pedagogy.
- Strong track record of career advancement and career change placements.
General Management Program, XLRI
ExPGDM (General), formerly known as GMP, is a 15-month residential management post-graduate program offered by XLRI. Applying students are expected to have at least 5 years of work experience in the areas like- IT/ITeS, Energy/Power, Automotive industry, Manufacturing, and others who are transformed into current capitalist experts. The course provides students with the most up-to-date strategic management intellect, broadens their perceptions, and introduces them to new problem-solving approaches. This is one of XLRI’s flagship programmes, which has received various prestigious accreditations, including AMBA, AICTE, and others. The excellent course structure and the participants’ extensive work experience make them highly desirable by industry after graduation.
XLRI offers a large and diverse selection of electives, totalling over 53. The first three terms are primarily concerned with the development of fundamental management concepts across all disciplines. The remaining terms of the programme can be tailored to your needs, with approximately 20 electives to choose from to support your career and learning goals. Because this programme aims to teach students how to understand rural India’s problems better and how to address them, students must stay for a few days in rural India to grasp the situation and provide solutions.