IIMC MBAEX essays, deadlines, and class profile
The IIMC MBAEX essays and statement of purpose constitute the most important part of the IIM Calcutta (IIMC) Post Graduate Program for Executives (MBAEX) admissions process. This one year MBA equivalent program for executives offered by IIM Calcutta is very popular, and offers excellent education as well as placements. This page provides a brief overview and some tips and advice for the IIMC essays, while also listing down the latest deadlines and class profile.
IIMC MBAEX Essays - current topics
- Statement of Purpose: This should include an objective and clear statement on why you want to join the PGPEX programme?; what qualities, experience and achievements do you have to justify your admission; what types of jobs and at what level do you expect after successful completion of PGPEX? (500 words)
- Optional essay: Anything else you would like to highlight in support of your application (Word limit 300 words)
IIM Calcutta MBAEX essay tips and advice
- IIMC PGPEX Statement of Purpose (SOP): The IIMC PGPEX SOP is meant to be a statement of the larger vision and goals that the applicant hopes to achieve through the PGPEX program. You should focus on their professional experience, why they seek an MBA, and how IIMC can help. Future career goals are also important, together with explaining how you hope to achieve them. Keep in mind that this is the ‘core’ answer that IIMC is looking at, and it forms the core of your candidature, so this is the single most important essay as part of the application at IIMC.
- IIMC PGPEX optional essay: This is an optional essay, so do not feel the compulsion to use it, but do not also leave this blank if some aspects of your candidacy remain unaddressed. Career gaps, poor academic performance, unusual work appraisals, and frequent job changes all fall into this category, but are of course not an exhaustive listing of things you could mention.
Applying to the IIMC MBAEX program?
From understanding the IIM Calcutta MBAEX in-depth, to vast expertise across multiple past successful applicants, GyanOne has deep expertise on helping applicants apply and make it to the IIMC MBAEX program. See some of our reviews here. We provide outstanding admissions consulting for the IIMC MBAEX. Contact us today to know how we can help you too!
IIMC MBAEX application deadlines 2022-23
The admission process to the MBAEx programme of IIM Calcutta will be a three round one with the following dates: (Please note that a candidate can apply only once in a single academic year)
|Application Stages||Dates – First Round||Dates – Second Round||Dates – Third Round|
|Dates for Applying Online||June 30, 2021 –|
August 30, 2021
|August 31, 2021 –|
October 31, 2021
|November 1, 2021 –|
January 1, 2022
|Submission of duly|
completed application form
|August 30, 2021||October 31, 2021||January 1, 2022|
|September 10, 2021||November 10, 2021||January 8, 2022|
|Interview of short listed|
|September 11-12, 2021||November 19-21, 2021||January 14-16, 2022|
|Announcement of selected|
|September 27, 2021||November 27, 2021||February 5,2022|
|Last date of acceptance and|
payment of commitment fees
|To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|Registration for students|
– 16th Batch
|To be announced|
|Commencement of the programme|
for the 16th Batch
|To be announced|
NB: This year as an exception scores of GMAT online exams are valid for MBAEx
IIMC MBAEX fees and costs
The program cost for 2021-22 will be INR 27,00,000. This includes tuition fees, cost of study material, accommodation and cost of study tours organised by IIMC.
Another very interesting part of the program is that Airfare, visa and medical insurance charges for overseas study tours will be borne by IIMC itself. However, students will have to bear the expenses for food, personal travel, electricity, cable TV, other utility and misc., expenses and any other expenses of personal nature during their stay in the campus or abroad. This is an outstanding option given by IIMC to its students. For most other MBA programs, schools do not cover the cost of studying abroad, and depend on students to pay extra for it. For those looking for global exposure during their stay at IIMC, this is an excellent opportunity to get it along with outstanding education at IIM Calcutta.
IIM Calcutta MBAEX Class Profile
For the MBAEx 2022 class profile is as follows:
|Total number of students graduating||79|
|Average GMAT score for IIMC MBAEx||685|
|Average work experience for IIMC MBAEx||8 years 3 months (99 months)|
IIMC MBAEX Eligibility
- A bachelor’s degree (minimum 10+2+3 years of formal education) or equivalent in any discipline
- At least 5 years of full time post qualification managerial/professional experience as on March 31, 2022.
- Valid GMAT Score (taken within the last 36 months of application date).
IIM Calcutta success stories
Sanjukta sen is a 10 years experienced professional with expertise in IT Services, Consulting and Product Management.
She have worked extensively in cross geographic and cross domain areas like Banking & Financial Services and Energy & Utility market. Have a consistently strong academic record (GPA 4 in Graduation level), she was always a bright student and as a result all together these things led her an admit in IIM Calcutta.
Vipin Sreekumar is a computer science engineer with over four years of experience. He began his work as a consultant for the Clarion shipping company.
His goal was to get into one of India’s premier business schools, and as a former IIM Udaipur MBA graduate, he was eager to pursue his Ph.D. further. And, because to his hard work and excellent guidance from GyanOne, he was able to get into his dream college.
Glimpse of our IIM Calcutta Interview Prep Process
Some specific questions from a recent IIMC PGPEX interview include:
– Why MBA?
– Why PGPEX/IIMC? Why not IIMA PGPX or IIMB EPGP?
– Questions on numerical ability (converting Indian units like lakhs into Western units like billions quickly)
– Questions on issues of general awareness (at the time, these covered interest rates, disruptions in Parliament, the GST bill, and reservations for women)
Do Better Than Your Best
A lot of crucial things in life depend on your career and this is one big step to build it right. We look forward to make it a reality!
You are different and so is your story. Lets create awesomeness together
Have a concern around the process or a specific request? We are all ears.
We are excited to get started too. Let us get back with all your questions.
Let's Get Started
Thank you GMATClub for the "Senior Vice President" Title. With more than 1800 posts, our experts have been religiously helping you with your queries on careers and MBA admissions. Thank you for your support. We now have close to 900 Kudos by you guys!
With more than 4 LAKH views and over 500 upvotes on Quora, you know we are being loved. Gain from detailed responses on Careers, MBA Admissions, Life post MBA, Opportunities Abroad, Must Dos and more, Or send us a quick mail with your specific questions, we are always waiting!