MIT Sloan MBA essays
We are interested in learning more about how you work, think, and act. For each essay, please provide a brief overview of the situation followed by a detailed description of your response. For Essay 2 only, please limit the experiences you discuss to those which have occurred in the past three years. In each of the essays, please describe in detail what you thought, felt, said, and did.
MIT Sloan Essay 1. The mission of the MIT Sloan School of Management is to develop principled, innovative leaders who improve the world and generate ideas that advance management practice. Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples of past work and activities. (500 words or limited to one page)
Sloan MIT Essay 2. Write a professional letter of recommendation on behalf of yourself. Answer the following questions as if you were your most recent supervisor recommending yourself for admission to the MIT Sloan MBA Program: (750 words)
– How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
– How does the applicant stand out from others in a similar capacity?
– Please give an example of the applicant’s impact on a person, group, or organization.
– Please give a representative example of how the applicant interacts with other people.
– Which of the applicant’s personal or professional characteristics would you change?
– Please tell us anything else you think we should know about this applicant.
Sloan MIT Optional Essay: The Admissions Committee invites you to share anything else you would like us to know about you, in any format. If you choose to use a multimedia format, please host the information on a website and provide us the URL.